For Your Appointment
If you are a new patient, please arrive to your appointment early in order to complete the registration process. In addition, please bring the following:
- Driver's License or State ID
- Referral (If Required by Insurer)
- Insurance Information
- Copies of Operation Records, Medical Records, X-rays, MRIs, and CT Scans from Prior Doctor Visits
- A List of Current Medications and Any Known Allergies
- Please arrive at your appointment wearing a mask. If you do not have a mask, call us when you get to the office and we will bring one out for you.
- We are asking individuals to come to their appointment alone. If you require transportation or assistance ambulating, we ask that your caregiver wait in the car during the appointment.
- If you are bringing your child in for an appointment, we ask that only one parent accompany the child.
Please call the office to make an appointment in advance. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us as far in advance as possible so we may use that time to see another patient in need of care. We make a sincere effort to adhere to our appointment schedule and appreciate your patience if we are late due to emergencies or hospital surgery.
Fees & Payments
We make every effort to decrease the cost of your medical care. Therefore, we request payment arrangements for all office services at the time they are rendered unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover for your convenience. If we are a participating provider of your insurance company, we will bill them. However, payment is the patient's responsibility. We will help in any way we can to assist you in handling claims.
Prescriptions & RenewalsPlease request all prescriptions and authorizations during our regular office hours, when our full records are available. Renewals requested at other times will be filled only for extreme or emergent circumstances.
Longview Orthopaedic Center Narcotics Policy